Monday, July 6, 2015

Blog #2 Work Readiness

One skill that was initially a weakness and which I had to improve was  my ability to learn and improve. At the company I am interning at (Smart Receivables) they deal with a lot of finance and are innovative as they are working with other companies to improve their financial departments. Naturally, there are many business and financial terms that are essential to the business that I had to learn. At first, it was difficult as I have not dealt with banks very much and was certainly not familiar with how businesses run their finances.

One skill that has helped me with this problem is my dedication I wanted to show that even though I didn't know many of the terms I could overcome that obstacle with hard work. I used my skill of dedication by taking time outside of my internship to learn certain terminology and systems that the company worked with. I looked up definitions and read a few articles to learn what exactly my company worked with and how I could contribute to the work

Another skill that has helped me to be successful at my internship is that I am able to work well with others. This is crucial especially at my internship because Smart Receivables is a small business and there are only three other workers besides me. My first big assignment was to research and create a power point that the other employees at the company would use to market their product (Smart Pay Button) . Teamwork was a big part of this as my research had top be directly correlate with what the other employees were doing. The research that I did was crucial in helping them to do their jobs. This was especially true for both the person that is in charge of communications with other companies and the graphic designer. The communicator used the research that I did about the advantages of the Smart Pay Button to better explain and pitch it to other companies. The graphic designer used it to create a visual representation on why other companies would benefit from the product . Clearly, being able to work with others has helped me to be successful at my internship.


No comments:

Post a Comment