Thursday, July 9, 2015

Blog Post #3: Post High School / College Plan

Post High School / College Plan

I definitely want to go to college, as I believe it would not only be valuable for education and furthering my skills, I think its an important part of life and opens you up to new parts of the world and society around you. I would like to go to an art school, however since they are fairly expensive, its likely I may go to college in another part of the world. However, since I really enjoy Math and Science, there's always the chance I could study those, and use those skills in the event that I need a backup career. I would like to go to college somewhere on the West Coast if possible, but if not I would love to study abroad, somewhere in Europe or Japan. 10 years from now, I would love to be working in an animation studio, possibly as a Concept, Background, or Storyboard artist. As the pay for these careers differ greatly due to a variety of factors, I hope I will still be able to live comfortably. However, I don't think I require much to live happily, and as long as I am pursuing a career I enjoy, and am happy, I can be content. Going to college, especially an Art School, can help with this, as having more experience can help lead to an art career of a higher standard: better studio, pay, and/or location. I am most likely going to take a college course at CalArts next summer, and living in South California, as part of my plan to prepare for college. It's a big step, but I see how important it is for me take necessary education and training, so that I can live life the way I want. My internship has helped me greatly with this, as I am gaining valuable skills, both in the arts and business worlds. It's always important to have a backup plan, and all the things I have learned at Artworks Downtown, and in the School to Career program, have been extremely valuable for my future.

2 comments:

  1. You seem very insightful about what you would like to do! I also like your lack of emphasis on money.

    ReplyDelete