Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blog Post #5


Quite simply, I am grateful to live such a fortunate life. Each and every day there are more opportunities to learn and develop as a person. This summer has been one of the best experiences of my life, with both my internship at American Ratings Corporation and the School to Career Partnership course. Though all the personality, passion, values, biology quizzes gave me insight about who I am as a person, detailing our vision of the future and analyzing it was far more imperative. I came to the realization that the future is my motivation in all that I do. My dream to graduate from a prestigious college and obtain the CFO position continually encourages me to go the extra mile and chase success. Reflecting on what I learned in the discoveries helped put what I know in my mind to words on paper. I am a highly motivated, slightly overconfident, passionate and empathetic individual. I absolutely love socializing and love to make new relationships. At my internship, I enhanced my skills by refining professionalism, computer literacy, and basic communication. I routinely dressed of the appropriate attire, came to work 15 minutes early, worked endlessly with Excel and mastered tips and tricks associated with it. Just observing the rest of the office from my cubical was imperative to better my understanding on how a business runs effectively. Overall improving my computer literacy and proficiency was the best takeaway from the summer, bar none. I took countless spreadsheets of data, crunched it, gauged a formula to identify the effectiveness based on distinct characteristics, and created a one-sheet summary with graphs and easy-to-see data. This Facebook Analytics challenge consumed most of my time, but it was certainly worthwhile. I am fortunate to have had these opportunities and cannot wait to deploy what I have learned for future success.

5 comments:

  1. It's great that your experience this summer has been so valuable to you. You seem to have learned a lot this summer about the career readiness skills and about yourself. Good luck with your goal of graduating from a prestigious college and becoming a CFO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right I felt so grateful for being able to get this opportunity. This internship made me want to become more a doctor. Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cool that in so little time you gained lots of experience from your internship that will help you in the future. It's clear that you really are trying your hardest at your internship and that will, as you stated, help with the urge to chase success and do your best at each and everything you attempt. I wish you luck in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great what you learned from the way book reflect how you pursued your internship and future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good and detailed reflection. Its wonderful that you recognize what a valuable experience your summer has been to you. All the best!

    ReplyDelete