Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Blog Post #4

  • The total of my future expenses each year are $52524.  I know this is logical because my primary sources for information are straight from where I would look if I was actually calculating expenses for myself.
  • According to Payscale.com, I can potentially make $100,000 each year in my future job as a Director of Public Relations.  My education/training to get that job will cost $240,000 (with no scholarship) total for all years of training.
  • I want to save $5,000 for my rainy day fund each year, and $10,000 for retirement each year.  If I save $10,000 for retirement each year, by the time I am 65 years old I will have $410,000 plus interest.
  • Comparing my future income and expenses makes me think I really need to prioritize and have a good relationship with the bank, so I am consistently saving and won't need to worry later in life. If more financial opportunity comes along, I will seize it. 

3 comments:

  1. I like how manageable your expectations are and how they aren't outrageous, unrealistic numbers. Your sources are good and your last bullet point is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you plan on living a modest lifestyle, but it would be interesting if you could expand on some of your thoughts. You could add why the education would cost so much or analyze some of your annual costs whether they are steady or variable. I like your priority to have a good relationship with the bank, but I encourage you to try to refrain from needing its assistance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your last part about consistently saving and planning ahead!

    ReplyDelete