Monday, July 27, 2015

Blog #5

I am grateful for the opportunity to have been ale to work as an intern and take part in the Career Readiness Academy class. I believe that my decision signing up for this class was a great one because not only did I learn more about business and finance but also about myself. Throughout the multiple personality assignments in quizzes taken in class I have identified many strengths and weaknesses.  I have learned that I am a very goal oriented person but I must learn to communicate and work with others better and more often.  Being able to identify strengths is important in order to emphasize them and is also the same with weaknesses so that I can work on self improvement. Setting up a Linked In profile was also very helpful in seeing how I can connect with other like minded individuals now and later on in life.

I am also grateful to the people at Smart Receivables for allowing me to intern there. Madeleine, Eric, and Julian all were very positive influences on me and made me feel like a part or the team. They helped me learn that small business can have large impacts and be just as innovative as huge corporations. The also showed me the value of teamwork and collaborating to accomplish a similar goal. As for my work at Smart Receivables, I learned how to conduct accurate research and how to apply it in a way that helped all members within the Smart Receivables team. Clearly, this experience has helped me grow as a person and has inspired me to move forward.


1 comment:

  1. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses is a great skill, and it sounds like it's something you have become an expert in.

    ReplyDelete