Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blog #5

Blog #5

This class and my internship have taught me many new skills. This class showed me the skills that I would need to do well in my internship. My internship allowed me to test what I learned in the class and perfect it to how the supervisor of the Internship would want me to do. I learned how to set up my basic business profile so that next time I am out looking for a job I will have everything they need already done in one spot and I'll know that I will have done it well. This class allowed me to use trial and error. I would test out a certain way to do a resume and Mr. Morales would say if I should change something up or if that was better then the previous way that I did my resume. I got to try things that I know I will have to use and do in the future like my job application and my Linkedin account. I know that when I'm older I will apply for a job and have to fill in a job application so it is very helpful that I got to try it out now and will know exactly what to do when a job actually asks for it. The Linkedin account is used by most adults for a chance to look at another adults resume and information so having one is very important and many jobs will look at somebody's Linkedin and it may change your chance of being hired. My cover letter was completely knew to me. I had never even heard of it but know I understand that it is used to show the basic part of your resume and many employers will look for someone with a nice cover letter. I think that I would have struggled much more and not been prepared if I went to look for a job and didn't have this class. This class really helped me prepare for the business world.

Reflecting on my discoveries showed me that I had thought much differently going into the internship then going out. When I went in I really thought being a filmer could be a career of mine. Afterwards I realized I don't like filming and I don't have the correct personality for the job that I thought I did.

I learned how to use blogger.com and Waybook which are both sites for me to organize information and post information to other people. I would never have found these sites if not for this class. I also have a more detailed google account and a complete resume with a cover letter, resume and sample job application

No comments:

Post a Comment