Friday, July 24, 2015

Blog Post #5

For some, the ability to live life and take it any direction they choose to, isn't possible. At this stage in my life, I am beginning to truly recognize and understand that I have my whole life ahead of me and I am blessed to be able to live and enjoy it. And for this, I am truly grateful. This summer I am grateful that my family is able to go to new places and do new, fun and exciting things. In addition this, I am able to further my talents and experience through the School to Career program and through my internship at the YMCA. Specifically, I am grateful for how engaging the class is. I feel it is truly beneficial how many topics and variety of tasks are required of us. As for my internship, I am grateful for the friendly as well as professional relationships I have formed during my time at the Y and I hope I can capitalize on these relationships and use them to continue working there. Prior to the School to Career program I was very unsure about what it takes to make it in the world and prepare yourself for the future. However now I have a much clearer understanding of what I need to do to achieve my goals. From subtle things to add to a cover letter to increase your chances, to how to create a LinkedIn profile to put yourself out there, I believe I am infinitely more prepared for the future and I can only keep growing from here. Through the various personal quizzes and questionnaires I have taken in the past 5 weeks, I have learned a lot about myself. By answering a wide range of questions I was able to identify how my answers correlate to different traits and strengths. Some results proved how something that may seem so significant such as how you would respond to a certain situation, can actually demonstrate some essential and necessary traits. While reflecting on those results in the waybook, certain things I may have not even recognized about myself are discovered and I really enjoyed that. Like I said before, this opportunity to enhance my technical as well as people skills through both the School to Career class as well as my internship at the YMCA is truly beneficial and I will not take this experience for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment