Friday, July 24, 2015

Blog 5


I am grateful for my friends and family, having food on the table, and living in a safe neighborhood. Many people in the world do not have a not enough food or live in safe places. This summer I am grateful that I got an internship and learned more about career pathways. In class I got to improve my resume and learn how to write a cover letter. For my internship I was able to see how a sports business operates behind the scenes. I realized that even though it is a sports business there is still a lot of paper work and tedious things that need to be done. The discoveries from waybook showed me that I value relationships in life. Through doing the financial spreadsheet I realized that it is a lot hard to earn a living than I thought it was. Basics of housing, food, and insurance in very costly. I learned that communication is a very important skill to have in the work place. At Kidz Love Soccer I learned to scan papers efficiently and diligently. As a worker I was prompt arriving early, dressed to work, and never absent. Overall, I am grateful that Mr. Davison was able to find me an internship and that Career Pathway Academy was able to teach me work skills such as communication and professionalism for the future. 

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your appreciation for all that you have in life, the things that most people take for granted. Obviously, the internship has proven to be one of the most fortunate opportunities for all of us, but it is awesome that you showed gratitude towards Mr. Davison- the person who helped guide you to this journey. I agree, the Career Pathway Academy has been incredibly useful from the resume to the cover letter to the sample job application. I wish you the best of luck in instilling the Work Readiness Skills into your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you consider your gratitude from a broader perspective! Also, even though you faced some challenges in your work, you now know what to expect in the future

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good that you mention and recognize that you are thankful for the other people around you that make your life easier or better. It is important to acknowledge friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with what you said about the efficiency and diligence in the workplace, because I almost had the same responsibilities as you had.

    ReplyDelete