Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Work Readiness Examples Week 2

Positive Ways Work Readiness Skills Had an Impact 
    This week during my internship, I used professionalism and diligence in a positive way. For professionalism; I was ten minutes early and was the best dressed, which impressed my boss and it allowed me to get a quick, little jump start on my work. Also this week was the end of our fiscal year so the entering that I had to do was to be precise and without faults, because most of the things I filed and made cash receipts for, were with the government. This is why is how I used diligence, because I triple-checked everything I did, but in an efficient manner so I got everything done, while keeping everything as perfect as possible. This experience showed me how precise I should be with every little detail, because every small thing is just as important as the last, especially if you are dealing with money.

Area of Growth for My Work Readiness Skills
     I faced a few problems with two areas of the Work Readiness Skills; communication and computer literacy. By accident I left work to grab my hour log sheet in my car and everyone thought I left. I thought I told someone, but I should've told my employer because it would've cleared up some confusion, but next time I will inform her and have the packet with me in hand and not in my car. Also in computer literacy, the company uses a lot of different programs for different things and I had to ask a lot of questions in order to clear things up and that isn't very efficient, but this will improve over time with more explanation and experience.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diligence and doing work with complete precision is key for any job, proven with your work filing government receipts and mine analyzing Facebook data for Diamond Certified. It is also noteworthy that we both included professionalism and computer literacy, for they are incredibly important in any workplace. As for the different programs, I have had the same difficulty getting used to all the shortcuts and so forth, but with the help of simple communication and YouTube clips, efficiency becomes inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great how you prioritize professionalism especially in the beginning stages of your internship. As you have noticed, presenting yourself in a professional matter as well as completing tasks in a efficient way, can lead to others thinking highly of you and even considering you for a job opportunity. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great how you prioritize professionalism especially in the beginning stages of your internship. As you have noticed, presenting yourself in a professional matter as well as completing tasks in a efficient way, can lead to others thinking highly of you and even considering you for a job opportunity. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it's awesome that you're staying professional at work because I know that at least for me at my internship at Marin General, it shows your peers that you're ready to work and that you should be taken seriously. And as for computer literacy, I agree with you because it's definitely something that will become more efficient and easier over time as you start using the programs more. Good luck with your internship!

    ReplyDelete