Sunday, July 12, 2015

Future Job

I don't really know what job I want in the future or what I would like to major in. I have really liked all my science classes so far so I think I want to major in some kind of science. I looked up a list of possible majors and cellular and molecular biology sounded interesting to me. Three possible careers with this major are to be a biology professor, a molecular biologist, and a lab technician.

To be a biology teacher you need a bachelors degree but to be a professor you need a graduate degree.  Professors generally make $86,200 annually. You have to like kids and like helping people while managing their time very well.

Molecular biologists make about $95,000 annually. For this job you need a masters degree as well as a bachelors, but a doctoral degree is recommended. To have this job you need to be concentrated and not give up, pat attention to detail, and be dedicated to your job.

A lab tech assists molecular and cellular biologists as well as researchers. This doesn't require as much education. You can have a 2 year degree but more advantageous to have a bachelors. They make an average annual salary of $44,600.  You have to be good at taking directions and being careful.

2 comments:

  1. As far as science goes, there are so many possibilities in terms of available jobs. Its great that you have some what of a passion for the subject! It will allow you to find a great job and enjoy what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your internship in? Did that influence your decision or vice versa? My internship is with the DA's office. I was very lucky to get it as I would like to major in english and then go on to be an attorney.

    ReplyDelete