Monday, July 27, 2015

Blog Post 5- Internship Reflection

Overall, my internship and career management class really helped me get a hold on the real world, and prepared me for what I have to come. With being an adult, and working on your own, the freedom entails much more than what meets the eye.
After working with Purple Door Communications, I learned a lot more about PR, and that although public relations seems like the career for me, working at a boutique firm isn't in my hand of cards. I experienced first hand what kind of projects happen within a PR firm, and the importance of deadlines. I worked with other people, and collaborated to create my own PR strategy. I also made some great connections with my intern hosts, and fellow intern who has been helping me write my college application essays.
As for the class, I really appreciated the financial work we did to help me get a sense of what's to come as far as finances and responsibilities go when I'm off on my own. I feel like I have a leg up on a lot of my peers, because I have a refined resume and effective cover letter, as well as the skills and knowledge to change these two pieces as my work experience expands. The surveys and tests were interesting, but I don't think they really helped me on my path towards better career management. I think my time was well spent between my internship and this class this summer, and I look forward for what's to come in my career.

1 comment:

  1. This shows me that you gained a lot from you internship experience, your internship seems interesting and you said I learned a lot more about PR, what is PR, it seems like your peers helped you be more successful in this class and it seems like it was a valuable experience for you

    ReplyDelete